Greetings Sandspur readers! 2023 was a busy year for the Civic Club. We had excellent speakers and well-attended meetings, produced a gorgeous calendar, provided a monthly edition of the Sandspur, and collaborated on numerous events for our Folly Beach community.
All of this could not happen without our Board and Members. Many thanks to our outgoing Board Members: Paula Stubblefield (VP), Dale Hart (Treasurer), and Eric Lutz (Secretary). Each of you has provided excellent guidance and rolled up your sleeves to pitch in when necessary.
Happy New Year Sandspur readers!! A new calendar year is a great time to reacquaint ourselves with the Civic Club’s mission statement. The club exceeded this mission last year, and I look forward to continuing our progress in 2024. Our next meeting is January 16, 2024 in the Community Center at 7pm. The board will meet prior to our regular meeting to discuss plans and ideas for the coming year. If you have ideas (perhaps inspired by the mission statement below) please reach out. Looking to join the Civic Club? Come to our January meeting, we’ll get you all signed up or check out: follycivicclub.org for more information.
The Folly Beach Civic Club was organized in 1938 to improve the City of Folly Beach. Specifically, its goals are:
- to promote acquaintance, friendship, and fellowship as an opportunity for service;
- to encourage and foster the ideal of service;
- to provide the opportunity for its members to be of service to youth, those less fortunate, and the community;
- to create higher civic principles and to promote cooperation in all business and civic affairs;
- to provide through the club meetings an opportunity for good and free discussion of matters of public interest;
- to inform citizens about their local government and their community; – to promote good citizenship in every way;
- to encourage good government
- to further mutual tolerance and understanding by the people of the community.
The Civic Club could not exist without our members who volunteer their time, input, and support – you all are the foundation, and I look forward to working alongside you in 2024. See you soon! Amy Ray email@example.com follycivicclub.org